Tennyson Board of Directors (BOD) strives to maintain a high level of value for the community. In order to do this, every home owner is asked to meet a minimum
standard that the Tennyson BOD believes will achieve this goal. The following represents the standards and community activity guidelines and failure to follow these standards and guidelines may
result in a fine. There are three main categories which are:
- Home Appearance
- Yard Appearance
- Community Activity Guidelines
Home Appearance: Home structures are to be well maintained. All exterior surfaces are to be free of
mildew and peeling paint, shutters are to be intact and hung in their original location, siding intact and painted to their original color, gutters affixed to fascia boards,
roofs maintained and all of original color, and windows and doors functional and of original design. No signage is allowed in yards except for the Park West approved “For Sale” sign.
Mail boxes are required to be maintained and conform to the standards that have been adopted.
Yard Appearance: Home owners are expected to maintain their front and side yards and floral beds. Each front yard floral bed and garden is expected
to have mulch or pine straw and be edged. Front lawns are to be kept mowed and edged. Excessive lawn clippings are to be removed, bagged, and disposed of according to the community’s
rules. Lawns are expected to be free of weeds and maintained to an acceptable appearance. Trees are expected to be trimmed of dead branches, especially palm trees of dead palm fronds. Pond
front owners are required to maintain their lot down to the water’s edge. The front and side yard area should be free of unused toys, tools, storage containers, and general debris
(natural and man-made).
Community Activity Guidelines:
- Trash and recycle containers should be put curbside after 6 PM the night before pickup. (Wednesday night for trash and every other Sunday night
for recycle). Containers should then be moved out of sight from the street on the evening of pickup. Leaves and grass clippings should be placed in brown paper bags, dead
tree limbs, and home refuse other than trash (appliances, furniture, wood, etc.) should be placed curbside after 6 PM on Wednesday, allowing for Town pickup every Thursday morning. (Days
will change if a holiday week) All debris created by commercial contractors is expected to be removed immediately by the contractor and failure to do so, or curb side placement, will
result in a $150 fine.
- Store all trash and recycle containers in your garage or screened from view from the street or other homes.
- Overnight parking on the street or empty lots is prohibited. Parking is only permitted on driveways or approved paved areas in
front of your home. Street parking during the day is required to be in the direction of the traffic, not on the grass, and never adjacent to another vehicle directly across
from each other so as not to inhibit the passage of emergency, municipal, or school bus vehicles.
- Tree Removal: An ARB request form is required to be presented to the Tennyson HOA management agent (LPPM, Inc.) before any tree removal is
conducted. While dead trees must be cut down and removed so as not to be a hazard, approval to proceed must be given by the Tennyson HOA management agent. The Tennyson HOA fine for the unauthorized cutting down of a tree is $250.00 per tree. Additionally, the Town of Mount Pleasant can impose large fines for
cutting down trees not approved for removal. All debris created by commercial contractors is expected to be removed immediately by the contractor and failure to do so, or curb side placement, will
result in a $150 fine. Go to the "Home Owners Request Forms" link on this page to obtain a copy of the ARB tree removal request form.
You can also call LPPM at 843-647-7555 for more information.
- Managing your barking dogs is critical to the peace and quiet of your neighbors. “Peaceful Enjoyment” is a bedrock principle of real estate law.
Accordingly, Tennyson has a restriction on barking dogs prior to 7AM and after 9:30PM. Further, dog barking that continues for a period of 15 minutes is considered a nuisance. Walking dogs not on a leash is prohibited by Tennyson as well
as town regulations. Picking up your animal’s waste while walking on Tennyson roads, park, and common property is mandatory.
- No trailers, RV’s, boats, or commercial vehicles are allowed to be parked outside of your garage or otherwise visible from the street or other
- ARB approval is required for all changes to your home including changing house color, major landscaping, structural changes, pools, tree removal,
or play yard equipment.
- The Park at Tennyson is solely for the pleasure of Tennyson residents. The park is open from dawn to dusk. No open fires at any
time. No destruction or alteration of property, trees, benches, playground equipment, etc. is permitted. The use of golf carts or other motorized vehicles in the park or on Common areas is strictly prohibited.
This is a family park, please respect the peace and privacy of those residents living nearby.
- All assessments and violation fines are expected to be paid on time.
The Tennyson board reserves the right to establish fines for CC&R
violations and to change the schedule of fines and warnings at any time. For a listing of the fine schedule, please go to the "Fine Schedule" link on the top left corner of this